Thursday 6 September 2012

Sep. 3

Dear Mom and dad,


Greetings from West Africa Kasoa Area , how are you doing? is the house finally finished and ready to go ? man the weather is starting to Warm up , there are some more letters in the mail for you this week and I have two more written sitting in my room waiting to send to you. This Saturday probraly was the highlight of the week , we went with our ward to a Multi Stake Sports activity that included football (Soccer) , basketball , volleyball at track events at the sports stadium , in downtown Ghana Accra right across from the airport. My companion played soccer while elder sio and myself played basketball . Well we won the tournament in basketball , track , took third in volleyball and lost in the final to a penalty in soccer. It was a great day for our Stake Kasoa Stake. we took home two trophies. it was fun because I got to see some missionaries I had never met , who when they saw and spoke to me , thought I had been on mission for at least a year or more haha.Also I saw several of my MTC teachers there who were playing sports. It was a fun  day.
this month we are shooting between 5-6 baptisms , we have 8 investigators with baptismal dates , but we need to resolve some concerns with them. At Church on Sunday we met four new investigators that we will be going to visit this week.  Our investigators are sweet, we play soccer and basketball with members and investigators every Wednesday and Saturday morning and we have got a lot of referrals from that. Its a great way to get investigators
Let me talk a minute about my companion, we are doing great , we have our ups and downs but I love my companion , he is teaching me a lot , and to be honest I wont say a lot about this because I don't want to brag , but I did about a 3 week training program. He is a good example to me and we are enjoying the work. this last week was his 21st anniversary so he is preparing to head home back to SA.

No comments:

Post a Comment